Dry Cargo | Scope and Special Regulations of Temporary Import and Export Goods
Temporary import and export goods, refers to the goods that are temporarily entered or exited by the customs and re-exported or re-imported within the specified time limit.
The basic requirement for temporary entry and exit is that, in addition to depreciation or wear and tear due to normal use, it should be re-exported and re-imported in the original state. (Note: Repair items, leased goods, and inbound and outbound containers used to load customs-supervised goods are not temporary inbound and outbound goods.)
What is the scope of temporary inbound and outbound goods?
According to the "Management Measures of the Customs of the People's Republic of China on Temporary Entry and Exit Goods", temporary entry and exit goods include:
(1) Goods displayed or used in exhibitions, trade fairs, conferences and similar activities;
(2) Performance and competition supplies used in cultural and sports exchange activities;
(3) Instruments, equipment and supplies used for news reporting or filming and television program production;
(4) Instruments, equipment and supplies used in scientific research, teaching and medical activities;
(5) Means of transportation and special vehicles used in the activities listed in items (1) to (4) of this paragraph;
(7) Instruments, equipment and supplies used in charitable activities;
(8) Instruments and tools used for installation, commissioning, testing and repair of equipment;
(9) Packaging materials for containing goods;
(10) Self-driving vehicles for tourism and their supplies;
(11) Equipment, instruments and supplies used in project construction;
(12) Products, equipment and vehicles for testing;
(13) Other temporarily inbound and outbound goods stipulated by the General Administration of Customs.
In addition, the document also has specific requirements on the scope of the above goodsSpecial provisions:
-Exhibitions, trade fairs, conferences and similar events-
"Exhibition, trade fair, conference and similar event" means:
1. Trade, industry, agriculture, craft exhibitions, as well as trade fairs and expositions;
2. Exhibitions or conferences organized for charitable purposes;
3. Exhibitions or conferences organized to promote exchanges in science and technology, education, culture, and sports, to carry out tourism activities, or to promote friendship among people;
4. Meetings of representatives of international organizations or international organizations;
5. A commemorative congress held by the government.
Reminder:Non-public exhibitions organized in shops or other business places for the purpose of selling foreign goods do not belong to exhibitions, trade fairs, conferences and similar activities mentioned in these Measures.
1. Goods displayed at the exhibition;
2. Goods used for exhibiting machines or appliances in demonstration exhibitions;
3. Set up construction materials and decoration materials for temporary booths;
4. Movies, slides, video tapes, audio tapes, manuals, advertisements, CDs, display equipment, etc. for publicity and display of goods;
5. Other goods for exhibition display.
"Samples" refer to samples of goods used for display, operation demonstration, ordering reference, inspection and testing, but do not include the same goods imported or exported by the same consignee or consignee in excess of a reasonable quantity.
-Equipment, instruments and supplies used in engineering construction-
"Equipment, instruments and supplies used in project construction" refers to the construction equipment, instruments and supplies brought into the country by the foreign party in a Sino-foreign cooperative project and the Chinese party does not need to pay for it.
-Other temporarily inbound and outbound goods approved by the customs-
"Other temporarily inbound and outbound goods approved by the customs" refers to the temporary inbound and outbound goods approved by the customs that belong to national key projects and special needs.
"Packaging materials" refer to the materials used for packaging, protecting, filling or separating goods as they are, and the devices used for transportation, loading and unloading or stacking.
Customs reminds attention:Non-public exhibitions organized in shops or other business places for the purpose of selling foreign goods do not belong to exhibitions, trade fairs, conferences and similar activities mentioned in these Measures.